Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Vision Pt 3: Go GIT IT!

Yesterday we continued our conversation about dreams as it relates to our goals and/or: what we want to do, where we want to go, what we want to have, etc.  We also equate “dreams” with visions, but why?  Because it’s what we see without actually seeing it.  If I can’t see it (visualize it) now, I will never see it. 

Millions of people use eyeglasses and without getting too deep I believe it is safe to say that our eyes are unique to us no different than our finger prints.  Ever heard of the term vision recognition or seen it in a scene from a movie?  The person has to look into a device which is scanned to give them entry into a specific area of a building.  That technology is real, but that’s not the focus of the declaration.  The case I’m building is that your vision (eye sight) is unique to you.  For those who need eye glasses, prescriptions are necessary otherwise one could make their vision worse and/or ultimately lose their site.  The prescriptions given are specific to the individual.  I realize establishments like: Dollar Tree; Walgreens, CVS, etc. sell over the counter reading glasses that are distinguished by a number and a “+” or “-“ symbol but if I don’t know which combination of numbers and “+” or “-“ I need for my unique vision, I might spend a significant amount of time trying different glasses to find the right lenses for my vision (eye sight).  Granted, I may actually find a pair of lenses that work for me that also work for others but these lenses are generic, they are not the real McCoy designed specifically for me. I can’t use your contacts, eye glasses, magnifying glass, binoculars, telescope or any other lenses adequately for my vision, the vision that is uniquely assigned to me.  The vision that is going to take me to The Other Side.  The Other Side of what?  The Other Side of my dream.

For the past two days we have been talking about your dreams (vision) a plan for your dream (vision) and identifying your purpose.  I realize the order I just listed may seem out of order and I agree it is, but it’s on purpose (pardon the pun) because, and don’t be offended by this statement, but if you are well into you thirties or above and you don’t have a dream (vision) your life is out of order because you are not living in purpose.  I realize today more than ever that my assignment is to help people identify the corrective lenses needed to see their dreams (vision) so they can live out their lives on purpose, in purpose, for purpose, the purpose for which they were created.

The best way for me to start is to be transparent with you about my own lenses.  For the majority of my life I could only see my life through generic Dollar Store reading glasses.  I never saw myself as someone with a special talent because I didn’t consider my abilities as “special” since I performed them effortlessly.  However, for as long as I can remember people would say things like: 
  • Them: There is something special about you.  Me:  Ummm, OK, what?  Them: I don’t know but you’re special. Me:  OK well, thanks for that inspirational message; or
  • Them: You’re a missionary, when are you gonna get your license.  Me: Um, no I’m not.  I’m not wearing hats so big I look like a bobble head or that make me walk sideways, sequence suits, cinnamon pantyhose, clear shoes with rhinestones and a table cloth across my lap, no ma’am, I’m cool. 
  • Them: When are you gonna record an album?  Me:  Oh you must think I’m Tachina, my name is Tania, I’m good right here ushering us before the throne of God in worship.  I don’t wanna be bothered with all that cut throat drama in the music industry.

May I tell you that I was initially embarrassed to say that I didn’t really know my purpose until January 20, 2013?  I struggled with the level of transparency I should share with you and then I decided that it didn’t matter because eventually it will be shared with millions of people so why not start with you. 

Prior to January 2013 I started to feel uneasiness that caused frustration for several years but it really magnified itself in 2008.  I had a job with a nonprofit organization running a truck driving program that I really loved because it allowed me to empower people with a skill that could help them earn a living wage.  I loved the work, in fact it wasn’t really like work to me because I was so passionate about it.  I talked about it all the time, used my own personal resources, I prayed over the students and staff (in secret) and asked God’s favor over the program not for my selfish purposes but for his glory and I talked about God’s favor whenever the time was right.  However, something happened, there was a shift in the atmosphere, I remember feeling it.  In hindsight it was time to change lenses.  Something inside of me was awakened.  I started to feel a restlessness and I grew tired of reporting to people.  I wasn’t tired of the program or those I served, I was becoming impatient with my superiors and the games they were starting to play with my livelihood and that of my Team’s.

I felt the shift as early as 2007 but I didn’t know what it meant: do I look for another job, do I quit and go back to the grind of my insurance brokerage?  If I didn’t know anything else, I knew I didn’t want to work for anyone ever again because I was grown, responsible and motivated enough to do my own thing, the question was what?  The assignment was coming to an end and God began to prepare me for my purpose, my next assignment, I just didn’t realize it.  When I was laid off in 2011 it opened a door for me to live out another seasoned purpose which was to fulfill a dream to work with my dad full time in ministry as a volunteer Church Administrator.  I looked forward to crossing two bridges, I lost myself in my work, I owned the position and gave it 110% just as I did with Goodwill.  The severance package I received allowed me the flexibility to work with him for close to two years which was my intended cut off.  Just as with Goodwill, I began to feel some uneasiness and there was some friction because it was time for me to grow even more.  In hindsight, I realize my lenses were being changed again.

Fast forward to January 20, 2013.  My husband, Carl’s birthday.  He was out of town for an entire week.  I decided to use that time to seek God about next steps.  Do I go back to school, through myself into my network marketing business, get a job, what?  At 4:30am on January 20, 2013 the Lord woke me up and gave me this plan:

GIT IT -- Global Individuals Transformed Into Themselves. 
People all over the world will be transformed into the person God initially created and designed them to be.  Jeremiah 1:5 (NLT): I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.  Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”  We’re all born with gifts and talents (spiritual and natural).  Each gift/talent is hand selected by God, however the majority of us are not using them to fullest capacity.  Some of us use them as a hobby while others completely ignore them.  Results: the world is robbed of your uniqueness, your gift.  You "settle" for whatever comes along and ultimately get stuck and comfortable being miserable and/or broke: spiritually, financially, emotionally and/or physically

He also gave me:
·       The power of seven to reach the millions of people that are waiting to GIT IT
·       My theme passage from a letter written by an amazing man by the name of Paul.  Paul had purpose too but it started off all bad.  He hated Christians, arrested and tortured them for believing in Jesus Christ until God saved him.  As a result of his “transformation” he wrote almost half of the New Testament.  One of the letters he wrote was to a group of believers in Rome.  One of the sections of that letter is Romans 12:2 (NLT); Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. 
·       My theme song: Go Get It - Mary Mary
·       My brand is a butterfly -- multi-colored, purple dominant color
·       My role model: Harriet Tubman.  This one woman was responsible for rescuing approximately 300 people from slavery, and is quoted for saying that she would have saved more, but they didn't realize they were slaves.

Today, November 12, 2014 I have a logo that was re-designed by someone very special to me; my theme scripture is incorporated on my business cards; I play my theme song continuously to remind myself of the orders given 1/20/13 and those who have been “following me” know how passionate I am about: transformation, identifying your gift/talent so you can live out your purpose.  I am proud to say that I know who I am now. 

God is so amazing he will confirm his word in whomever he chooses.  In my case he assigned a credible person to me who ironically had a dream about me and my purpose on January 20, 2013 at 10:30am.  Really God, the same day.  I won’t drill down into the narrative, but I will tell you that I was blown away when she shared her dream (vision) with me.

In hindsignt I thought the above plan for something else, but it has become "clear" that it was not.  At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.  What matters is that I GIT IT now.

I’m way out of town, let’s pick up tomorrow

In His New Excellence


Tania Not Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment