Thursday, July 31, 2014

We Declare Pt. 2

Yesterday we discussed our right to Declare Victory over drama in our lives and summed it up as the position we take for (and/or in some cases against) whatever the drama is.  Rather than try to list all of the things that we face (e.g. relationships, finances, health, church hurt, etc.) I lumped possible scenarios together and label it “drama”.  We also discussed the fact that declarations fall in one of two categories: negative and positive:

Negative declarations are almost instinctive based upon our sensory perceptions, what we: see, hear, feel and/or have been exposed to:
·       See:  Momma ‘nem is fat, I’m fat, I will always be fat; my knees are too weak to exercise; I have chest palpitations when I do too much so I’ll just sit here and have another six twinkies.
·       Hear:  Daddy told me I was stupid and would never be nothing so I’m not.  I’m not smart enough to go to college so I’ll settle for this minimum wage job; or I’m not smart enough to do this, that and the third because of what daddy said.
·       Feel:  I hate the way I look.  I wanna be darker, lighter, taller, shorter, thinner, fatter, prettier, etc. like Anne Body, Soenso or Whoev Fur; OR I can’t live for God because the devil makes me do this and that, he’s always on my line, I can’t win for losing because the devil always makes me mess up all the time   
·       Exposure:  Grandma had momma when she was 15, Momma dropped out of school and had me at 16, so I dropped out too.  I don’t need to finish school, go to college or a job because I can get a check, EBT, Medi-Cal and Section 8 like they did. 

Proverbs 23:7a (NKJV): For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.  You are exactly what you think and you are exactly where you are based upon what you believe, what’s in your heart.  If you don’t like your world you can change it.  You have the power within to do so and guess what?  It might cost you something but it’s free.  Huh?

It costs something to stay in negativity.  It’s weighty, dark, and uncomfortable and we miss out on so much but we learn to adjust because it becomes our “normal” after we make the necessary adjustments.  It’s not that people cannot make positive declarations and live life to the fullest, it’s just easier not to especially if you don’t have the right type of influences in your life, primarily an authentic relationship with God.

As weird as it may seem, many people will not opt for positive declarations because they are costly: 1) giving up our right to live a defeated lifestyle; 2) it makes us accountable because we no longer have the safety net of blaming things and/or others); 3) it may cost our pride; 4) friends and family may avoid or “hate on” us because of jealousy of our positivity or perceived success (remember Joseph).  Believe it or not our positive mindset, success, etc. often reminds them of what they shudda, cudda, wudda done but fear or a settler’s mentality caused them to miss out.

It does not matter what the defeat is, living a defeated lifestyle is a choice, plain and simple.  There is no nice neat way to say it and it’s not being judgmental at all, the pure truth is that Christ paid an unimaginable price when he was humiliated, beaten and crucified on the Christ for our drama no matter what it is.  It is hurtful and insulting to God for us to live defeated even though he still loves us, it hurts because we give more attention to our negative situations to the point of meditating and worshipping them far more than we do him.  Dear Hearts, please understand that Jesus paid it ALL on Calvary, including our victory over E V E R Y circumstance:

·       1 Corinthians 15:57 (NLT): But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ

·       1 John 5:4 (NLT): For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.

Hebrews 11:6 (NLT) And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.  It takes faith, courage and strength to declare (proclaim, state emphatically; make known or state clearly) that you are (not will be) the opposite of what your circumstances say you are, whether those circumstances are self-inflicted or caused by others there is a divine purpose in them.
·       And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28 (NLT)
Whose purpose?  God’s purpose.  If we allow God to intervene on our behalf, He will give us the strength, wisdom and endurance for the drama – no matter what it is – and turn it into triumph (victory) but only for those who truly love God.  Why? Because the battle really isn’t yours at all, it belongs to God.  The enemy cannot fight God, so he fights us to get back at God.  The challenge with that ideology is that God has already written the outcome and we win all fights, temptations, trials, challenges, etc. every cotton picking time. 

Let’s be clear, we don’t ask the devil to give us back our stuff (e.g. marriage, children, families, relationships, finances, health, peace, etc.).  Excuse me Mr. Devil, sir, I hate to botha’ you cuz I knows you is busy, but if ya don’t mind, sir, could ya please leave me an’ mah family alone, if it ain’t too mucha’ trubba.  No!!!!!  We take it by force by declaring victory over our drama with positive actions and declarations:

·       I command my body to line up with the word of God, I will be healthy and fit. 
o   Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.” 1 Timothy 4:8 (NLT) 
·       I am who God says I am no matter what anyone says.  I have wisdom, I embrace it.
o   Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment. If you prize wisdom, she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will honor you
·       I love my Daddy but I am not stupid.  I am somebody, I am a child of the King.  I am smart enough to earn my degrees and magna cum laude. 
o   I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.  Philippians 4:13
·       I am beautiful, I am enough
o   I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.

If you don’t like your drama, change it with your words.


In His Excellent Service




Tania Not Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment