Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Sound of Silence Pt. 2

Yesterday’s declaration started off with information about the Global Positioning System (GPS) confirming how much we depend on technology whether we want to believe, accept or admit it. 

Tania Not Tanya moment:  What would you do if suddenly you weren’t able to use your smart devices, the internet and/or any other technology you have become dependent on?  Not necessarily because you didn’t pay your bill but due to a catastrophic event (e.g. earthquake, citywide fire, war).  Do you have an “old school bible”; analog calendar; printout of important contacts – relatives, insurance companies, policy numbers, etc.?

We also talked about possible fears, resistance to and power of silence whether it be to manipulate, establish healthy boundaries, for discipline or to make a stand.  We went deeper when we touched on the importance of silence and listening for “The Sound”.   But not everybody is ready for this, ready to see and hear and act. Isaiah asked what we all ask at one time or another: Does anyone care, God? Is anyone listening and believing a word of it? The point is: Before you trust, you have to listen. But unless Christ’s Word is preached, there’s nothing to listen to.  Romans 10:16-17 (The Message) and listening for “The Call” (And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28 (NKJV). 

Tania Not Tanya Nugget:  In short, you cannot hear God and talk at the same time.  It takes discipline to actively wait in silence while you listen for the sound of His call.

What does any of this have to do with a GPS?  I am so glad you asked, but just hold on a minute I’m almost there.

I am a good driver, I can even drive an 18-wheeler aka tractor trailer, however, long distance driving, reading maps and following directions have not always been my “strong suit”.  Hey, don’t judge me I can’t be good at everything (LOL).  Several years ago I was an insurance broker and I had clients all over the bay area from Elk Grove to Marin to Pacifica.  I made good money too, but sweetie, how I got to my appointments was the grace of God some nights.  GPS became affordable just about the time that I moved on to other ventures, but now its standard in most cars and smart phones.  God’s timing is perfect because had GPS been popular when I was in insurance sales making residual income, I would have been a beast.  My challenge was following the directions, second guessing them and patience.  I cannot tell you the number of U-Turns, missed exits and looping back around I have done in my life, especially during my insurance run when I had to try to read directions and drive. Now with voice activation and audible directions I can enter my destination, listen and follow the directions.  Every now and then I may miss a turn, but it’s because I wasn’t paying attention.  


I have also had challenges with following directions on my way to Purpose.  It’s been a while, but I am finally understanding how to use God’s Point System which will always unequivocally without fail keep us on track.  There are times when I will use a GPS, however, my life depends on God’s Point System because His word is a lamp before my feet and a light for my journey.  Psalms 119:105 (CEB).  You see, God’s Point System serves two purposes: it will point us in the right direction as long as we pay attention and we can gain points which are recorded in the Lambs Book of Life.  When it’s all said and done, we’ll be rewarded for how well we followed directions down hemmmm; up yonder but some of those rewards happen down hemmm too. 

I was ecstatic to discover the many similarities between the Global Positioning System and God’s Point System.  Let’s quickly explore them:

·       Both systems have global capability, however, the GPS is limited to the First Heaven but God’s Point System reaches the Third Heaven (I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows.  2 Corinthians 12:2 (NLT))
·       Both systems are easily accessible but require a “receiver” while they are free to consumers, both systems had to be approved by high ranking officials and a heavy price was paid for them to be fully operational: 
o   The GPS was approved by Congress, paid for in cash and favors but managed by the Department of Defense;
o   God’s Point System was approved by the highest ranking official in the universe, El Shaddai, bought with the blood of Jesus Christ and is managed by the Guide along with the Angels of the Host;
·       The GPS project is less than 50 years old, while God’s Point System has been around for thousands of years
·       Similar to the GPS, the invention of God’s Point System is also credited to three individuals: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost; and
·       Like the GPS, God’s Point System can be operated by touch or voice command
o   Just then a woman who had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding came up behind him. She touched the fringe of his robe, for she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.  Matthew 9:19-20 (NLT)
o   Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy, Pslam 107:2 (NKJV)
o   I assure you that whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea’—and doesn’t waver but believes that what is said will really happen—it will happen.  Matthew 11:23 (CEB)
I’m just sayin

There are drawbacks of the GPS as compared to God’s Point System.  For example:
·       GPS improvements cannot take place without the approval of Congress whereas God’s Point System has and always will be flawlessly fail proof;
·       Fleet tracking is a nothing new for God’s Point System: The LORD is watching everywhere, keeping his eye on both the evil and the good.  Proverbs 15:3 (NLT)
·       The downside of the GPS cellular telephony is that the consumer has to actually make a call for help, however God’s Point System is enabled so that he will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! Isaiah 65:24 (NLT)
·       God’s Point System does not provide a platform to “study astronomy” as there is no need to study what one created.  He counts the stars and calls them all by name.   Psalm 147:4 (NLT) and Job 9:9 (NLT) He made all the stars—the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the southern sky

Listen, I don’t know where you are on your journey, but if you’re off track, a little frustrated, or ready to quit, I want to admonish you, strongly urge you, beg you not to quit.  You’re too close to give up now, just keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin, keep goin...


I’m out of time, I pray that you go and grow as you pursue your purpose with perseverance, patience and poise.


In His New Excellence,



Tania Not Tanya


No comments:

Post a Comment