Sunday, June 15, 2014

IJS: Silent Screams


When you scream silently who hears you? I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but I am very serious?  OK, maybe you can’t answer because you don’t understand the question.  One of my favorite authors said:   
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.  Proverbs 4:7 (NKJV)
To give more clarity I will use the examples below:


·       About 18 years ago, I was assigned to a broken woman at a time in my faith walk that I was innocently over-religious and judgmental without realizing it.  We saw each other consistently and she talked about God all the time but she bore no fruit.  I tried delicately to nurture her spiritually but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.  At one point I remember thinking that God must have made a mistake because she just wasn’t getting it, or at least I thought she wasn’t.  She says I called and told her that I could no longer associate with her.  Honestly I don’t remember the conversation but I remember feeling frustrated about my perception that she wasn’t making an effort.  She was never rude or disrespectful, I just grieved for her and I couldn’t even explain why.  Whatever I said shook her to her core and God’s rebuke to me shook me because he told me that he didn’t give me permission to stop and I was commanded to “stick” with her until he said different.  Can you say “oops, shame”.  I continued to pour into her and over the course of our 18 year student-teacher relationship it has morphed into an amazing sister-ship.  She has grown and impacted the lives of hundreds of people all because of obedience, mines and hers.  Today and for several years now, when I scream silently she can hear me with her sister-ship ear, even when I speak out loud and try to stuff the scream.  I know it’s a wrap when I hear her say: “SiSee or Tan, what’s wrong!”  Or she may pick up the phone and say, “I haven’t heard from you, is everything OK.”  How could she hear me screaming at my house, in my car or at work?  One can never have too many friends and though not everybody can say this, I have several close friends that I hold near to my heart because God placed them in my life for specific reasons so I honor them (I am not using any names on purposeJ).  The sister-friend that I described above is not just a friend, she is my SiSee.  Just like I didn’t chose my biological sisters, I didn’t chose her, God did this and I make no apologies.  Honestly, I probably wouldn’t have chosen her because we are complete opposites. We know we were joined together like Jonathan and David in 1 Samuel 18:1 (NLT) After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David.  Not just for each other but for the Kingdom because we balance each other.
·       God answered my prayer 26-1/2 years ago when he blessed my husband Carl to “find me”.  It wasn’t that I was lost, he just didn’t know where (or who) I was until God opened his eyes to see that I was his “good thing”.  When God opened my eyes to who Carl was I was blown away.  My heart leapt and I felt an immediate connection but my mind said wait, we’re not ready.  I instinctively knew that he was God’s best and perfect choice for me, regardless to what anyone else said or says (even today for that matter).  When I am screaming silently because of drama, he knows instantly regardless to whether I am in his presence or not.  We are knitted together so tightly that I don’t even have to open my mouth but he still hears me screaming.  If I need to talk it through, he hears it; If I need him to hold me, he hears it; If I need to cry and snot, he hears it; If I need to be pushed to do more; he hears it; If I need to take a step back; he hears it.  When I scream he hears me.
·       As I think of this next Incredible Person I am absolutely overwhelmed by the emotion that is building in my chest as my heart starts to beat faster, to the point that it’s hard to breathe.  I am purposely fighting back the tears that are starting to collect in my throat and trying desperately to silence the shouts of praise that are constricting my voice.  He has several aliases, but I love to call him Daddy.  He is “I Am”, El Shaddai (Lord Almighty); El Elyon (the Most High God), Addonai (Lord, Master), Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner), Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd), Jehovah Rapha (The Lord that Heals),  Jehovah-Shamaah (The Lord is There), Jehovah-Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness), Jehovah-Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You), El Olam (The Everlasting God), Elohim (God), Qanna (Jealous), Jehovah-Jireh (The Lord Will Provide), Jehovah-Shalom (The Lord is Peace) and Jehovah-Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts).  As much as I love Carl and my SiSee it is impossible for them to be there every single time I need them, but my Daddy, my Father, Jehovah-Jireh never sleeps or slumber and is one prayer away, always, every day.  He has assured me through his love letters to me that he will:
o   Never leave nor forsake me (and he hasn’t) – Hebrews 13:5
o   Vengeance is the Lords, he will repay your enemy – Romans 12:19 (in today’s terminology we would call it “Get back”.  So many would be alive if we would leave matters to God
o   There have been countless times that he heard my scream before I ever formed a sound. Isaiah 65:24 (NLT) I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!  Nobody on earth can do that consistently


So I ask again:  When you scream silently who hears you?”




In His Excellent Service,


Tania Not Tanya


No comments:

Post a Comment