Wednesday, May 21, 2014

We Declare Pt. 5

The past three blogs have been centered around a father (Nick), his son (Mikey), paternal grandmother (Neshell) and her husband whom they affectionately call PopCee with the primary conversation centered around declarations which we now understand means to announce officially; proclaim; to state emphatically; to make known or state clearly.  The adult members of this family are intent on teaching Mikey, a 17 year old high school senior, the importance of creating his world through the power of his words, something for which many of us could probably use a lesson or refresher course.  They successfully communicated:
·       Why it is important to make declarations: failing to do so will most likely result in a “settler’s mentality which causes the individual to settle for whatever life throws their way;
·       The basic ingredients of determining one’s declarations: 1) Decide what you want; 2) Don’t let anyone steal your dreams, not even you; 3) Trust in God; 4) Be strong and courageous; 5) Don’t quit on yourself; 6) Renew your mind every day by feeding it positive information, images; 7) Create your world with your words. 
·        Implementing the declaration plan: putting in the work.  Oh you though this was one of those deals were you think it and it magically appears?  No ma’am, no sir, you’re gonna have to work and sometimes fight to make things happen.

Today we will dig a little deeper to understand the theory behind making declarations.  Don’t worry, I won’t get super deep on you, I’ll go just under the skin and allow you the privilege, space and time to dig deeper on your own as God leads you.

The Law of Confession:

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:8-10 NKJV)

We use this same law of confession to make declarations in our lives.  If I am sick, I confess out loud  If I am under a doctor’s care, I will follow his/her advice but I will be very careful of my language.  I will no longer declare that I have XYZ.  I don’t own it, I didn’t buy it, wish for it or find it, therefore it is not mines and so I will use my words carefully in those times that I need to speak about it.  Instead of saying I have XYZ I may say I was diagnosed with XYZ but I am healed in Jesus name.  When the haters come along to talk you out of your healing you must be prepared.  For example:
that I am healed in Jesus name AND I make a decision to believe it.
Hater:  If you are healed, why are you still taking medication? 
Believer:  Some were healed instantly and some were healed as they went.  I am an as you went product, healed all the same.
Hater:  blank stare
Beware of the creepers, they are very slick and sly.  They will pop up out of know where with their crew: ShaCudWa (shudda, cudda, wudda) to have a pity and party about your poor old miserable life, the Saints don’t love me because they don’t call or visit, blah blah blah.  Honey, get over yourself, put your big kid britches on and dig your heals in.  You are what you think:
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:  (Proverbs 23:7a KJV).

But how do I know God will come through for me? But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! (John 15:7 NLT) This is a conditional promise.  1) you must remain in relationship with God, you can’t just show up when you want something from him, that’s not gonna fly because he’s not a “shuga daddy”; and 2) remain in his word, in other words study God’s word in order to learn the godly principles of life to avoid the pitfalls that the enemy creates for you, to learn what you can pray for, etc.

The basics are covered it’s not really necessary to ask God for those things:  So dont worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So dont worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Todays trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:31-34 NLT).  When supplies are low you can, however, thank him in advance for provision.

Clearly all of this takes faith.  What is faith?  According to Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV): Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  It is the firm relying trust in God and his word NOT what you see, don’t see or how you feel.  Take the emotion out of faith, they do not mix PERIOD.

In closing, it takes the same amount of belief to doubt as it does to believe, there is no difference.  For example:  I wake up, head to the restroom and hit my toe and say it’s gonna be a bad day and if I declare that every other incident that happens from that point on is proof of a crappy day, that’s exactly what I’m gonna have.  However, if I wake up, hit my toe, examine it and see that I’m not bleeding and that I can wiggle it so it’s not broken and say, “whew, Lord I thank you for protecting me” and keep it pushin there is no issue.  Do you see what I’m saying?  We are what we say, so be careful what you create.

In His Humble Excellence.

Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment